Welcome to the data.table project!
Fast subset, fast grouping, fast assign, fast ordered joins and list columns in a short and flexible syntax, for faster development.
DT[X] is a fast join for large data (
X both type
DT[,sum(b*c),by=a] is fast aggregation (
c are column names).
DT[i,b:=3.14] is fast sub-assignment (to column
b) by reference.
- 10+ times faster than
- 100+ times faster than
- 500+ times faster than
Latest stable release: 1.8.8 on CRAN, 06 Mar 2013
User reviews, data.table wiki and Stack Overflow data.table tag
from 1.8.9 on R-Forge.
Check known bugs and feature requests.
Last recommended dev snapshot precompiled for Windows: v1.8.9 rev874 13 May 2013
- Vignettes (latest revisions):
- 10 minute quick start introduction
- Reproducible timings
- 2013.05 Lightning introduction, Matthew Dowle, R/Finance Chicago
- 2013.02 Data Tables: An introduction (and pitch), Gene Leynes, ChicagoR. Online examples
- 2012.06 News from data.table 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8, Matthew Dowle, LondonR
- 2012.03 Advanced analytics with R and SAP HANA (slides 22-24), Jitender Aswani and Jens Doerpmund. Code snippets on their blog
- 2011.06 Data munging with R, Jim Holtman, CinDayR
- 2011.06 The data.table package, Fernando Figueiredo
- 2010.07 News from data.table 1.4 and 1.5, Matthew Dowle, LondonR
- 2010.01 Data munging with SQL and R, Joshua Reich
- 2009.07 Higher speed time series queries, Matthew Dowle, LondonR
Browse datatable-help on Nabble,
HTML Archive or
Please subscribe to datatable-help before posting (there is an option to turn off mail delivery). More information here.